According to wikipedia Fourteen is:
- The number of days in a fortnight.
- In traditional British units of weight, the number of pounds in a stone.
- A number ‘encoded’ in much of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Bach may have considered this number a sort of signature, since given A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc., then B + A + C + H = 14. (See also 41)
- The number of points outlined by president Woodrow Wilson for reconstructing a new Europe following World War I, see Fourteen Points.
- The section that you go to when you die in the Grailquest books
- The number of legs on a woodlouse, as well as on Hallucigenia.
- A common designation for the thirteenth floor in many buildings for superstitious reasons
- The number of points in a proposed republican constitution of the United Kingdom
- The number of lines in a sonnet.
- The Number 14 airship by Alberto Santos Dumont that was used to test the aerodynamics of his 14-bis airplane.
- The number of the French department Calvados
Fourteen is also the number of consecutive daily posts I’ve managed to make in my quest towards the holy grail of NaBloPoMo (post daily for a month). yay me!